How to Unsubscribe from an Unknown Subscription on Safaricom
In today’s interconnected world, it’s vital to keep your communication channels uncluttered. Occasionally, we might find ourselves swamped with unnecessary bulk SMS from unknown senders. If you’re a Safaricom user, there are easy ways to unsubscribe from these messages and make sure you only get communications you find beneficial. This piece provides a walkthrough on how to unsubscribe using two methods: the USSD code and the mySafaricom app.
It’s important to note that we advise unsubscribing only from those senders whose messages don’t serve you, rather than blocking all promotional content. This way, you won’t miss essential updates from organizations you care about.
Unsubscribing with the USSD code:
Here’s how to manage your subscriptions using the USSD code:
- Step 1: Dial the USSD code Dial *456*9*5# on your Safaricom phone.
- Step 2: Choose Option 1 A list of options will come up. Select “1: Stop by Sender Name”.
- Step 3: Input Sender Name You’ll be prompted to enter the name of the sender you want to block.
- Step 4: Confirm the Unsubscription After entering the sender name, a confirmation message will show up on your screen and you’ll receive an SMS confirming the sender has been blocked from further messages.
Unsubscribing via the mySafaricom App:
The mySafaricom App provides an intuitive platform for handling your SMS subscriptions:
- Step 1: Open mySafaricom App Launch your mySafaricom App and head to the ‘Account’ tab.
- Step 2: Click on ‘My Subscriptions’ In the account section, choose ‘My Subscriptions’.
- Step 3: Go to ‘Promotional Messages’ Next, click on ‘Promotional Messages’. This will show two options: “STOP MESSAGES” and “ALLOW MESSAGES”.
- Step 4: Block Messages from Specific Sender In the “STOP MESSAGES” tab, click “Stop by Sender Name”. Input the sender’s name you want to block, and confirm the action.
- Step 5: Organize Your Subscriptions Keep in mind, within the “STOP MESSAGES” tab, you can view all blocked sender IDs and even unblock them if needed. Similarly, in the “ALLOW MESSAGES” tab, you can permit messages “By Sender Name” or “Allow All Promotional Messages”.
Keeping your Safaricom SMS subscriptions tidy is key to efficient digital communication. Make sure to frequently review and adjust your settings to receive only messages from valuable senders. Should you encounter any issues following these steps, Safaricom’s customer support is ready to assist. Keep visiting our site for more guides like this to better manage your bulk SMS services.